Athletics News Headlines....
The Playoff Season is in full swing!!
Posted on February 17, 2015
- Indoor Track and Field - Carly Benson
won the Section 3 Championship in the 1500 meter on 2/4.
Numerous athletes have qualified to participate in the NYS
Qualifier meet on Wednesday, 2/25 at SRC Arena. The NYS
competition will be held on Saturday, 3/7 at Cornell.
- Wrestling - The team participated in the
Section 3 Championship this weekend with Dalton Elias winning
the 182 lb. Championship and will now move on to the NYS
Championships on Feb. 27-28 in Albany.
- Boys Swimming - The team competed in the
NYS Qualifiers over the weekend at SUNY Cortland. Although
the swimmers did well, no one qualified to move on to the NYS
- Boys and Girls Bowling - Morgan Rether
qualified to participate in the individual Section 3
Tournament and had a nice showing this past Friday but came
up a bit short.
- Girls Basketball - The team qualified
for Sectional play and will be hosting Nottingham in the
Preliminary round on Wednesday, 2/18 at 7:00 in the HS Upper
Gym. If successfull, the team would move on to the second
round at Rome HS on Friday.
- Boys Basketball - The boys team received
the 6th seed in the AA's and will play at Bishop Ludden on
- Boys Ice Hockey - The team will compete
in the 1st round of Sectional play by hosting Liverpool on
Saturday, 2/21 at 7:30 at Shove Park.
- Cheerleading - The team came in 2nd
place at the Section 3 Tournament on 2/7. The team will now
compete at the NYS East Regional Championship on Saturday,
2/21 in Albany.
Good Luck to all of our teams and athletes! Go Wildcats!!
Congratulations to West Genesee Student Athletes for Signing
Letters of Intent
Posted on February 4, 2015
following are the students that celebrated for either signing in
the fall or are currently signing:
- Jessica Dussing - Lacrosse - Lemoyne College
- Michael Fletcher - Lacrosse - Quinnipiac University
- Jacob McCarthy - Lacrosse - Mount St. Mary’s University
- Nick Mellen - Lacrosse - Syracuse University
- Grace Osterdale - Lacrosse - Drexel University
- David Procopio - Lacrosse - Providence College
- Courtney Shoults - Lacrosse - La Salle University
- Lindsay Weaver - Cross Country - St. Bonaventure
- Katherine Widrick - Lacrosse - Liberty University
- Brianna Wieszczynski - Soccer - St. Bonaventure
Pictured above in the front row are Nick Mellen, Grace
Osterdale, David Procopio, Courtney Shoults; In the back row are
Jessica Dussing, Jacob McCarthy, Michael Fletcher, Lindsay
Weaver, Brianna Wieszcynski, and Katherine Widrick
for the Athletics Handbook.
Extracurricular programs are an integral part of the total
educational process at West Genesee. Program participation
enriches the educational experience, promots connectedness and a
sense of belonging, and contributes to the development of a
Determination, perseverance, achievement,
respectfulness and teamwork are some of the valuable lessons that
can be attained through extracurricular participation. Through
these opportunities, we seek to offer a wholesome form of
physical, musical, artistic, social, and academic activities.
These programs play an important role in helping the individual
student develop a positive self-image.
Participation in extracurricular activities is a privilege,
one that requires commitment, fair play and accountability. These
programs provide a vital link between the school and community by
fostering school spirit and pride. Students, staff and parents
representing West Genesee are year-round role models.
The culture of West Genesee is also reflected in what occurs
before and after the normal academic day. We strive to balance
individual talent with group achievement, where student and
program development define success. While the reputation of our
school and community is enhanced whenever its representatives
excel, by far the greatest rewards and satisfactions are derived
through participation in our extracurricular opportunities.