Vaccination Information for Students Entering the 6th
NYS Department of Education Requirements
POSTED ON JUNE 24, 2016
Tdap: (Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis Vaccine)
- All students, 11 years old by the first day of school in
the fall, must have a Tdap shot.
- If the student is 10 years old upon entry into the 6th
grade in the fall, he/she must have the Tdap shot as soon as
they turn 11 years. Please call your physician and make your
- There is a 14 day window (from the 1st day of school) to
complete the Tdap requirement or the student will be excluded
from school until Tdap has been given.
- Student must have 2 doses to enter 6th grade.
- Immunization usually given at 12 months of age and then
again at 4-6 years old.
- If the student had the disease Chickenpox, verification
of the disease is required. Accepted forms of Varicella
verification include: Blood test for immunity or
documentation of disease by your health care provider.
If the student has already had the above
immunizations, send in a copy to the health office.
The health office of your school can be called for questions
concerning the vaccinations using the contact information listed
- Camillus Middle School: 672-3426
- Holy Family: 487-3111
- West Genesee Middle School: 487-4626
Physical Examinations: NYS Department of Education
- All students entering Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 7th and
- All new students to the District
- The physical must be within one year prior to the first
day of school
- If your student has a current physical, send a copy to
the nurse's office