Food Services Overview

Monthly Menus:

Please note the prices for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows:

District Food Service Workers Go SU

Reminder About Free & Reduced Applications – Need to be renewed YEARLY

Reminder to parents that Free & Reduced Applications NEED to be renewed YEARLY. Children carry over their status for the first 30 days of school, until October 18, 2017.

If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at or call (315) 487-2179.

MySchoolBucks Website

The MySchoolBucks website provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance.

From that site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, student ID number and school ZIP code. The student ID number is not the same as your child’s PIN number that they use in the cafeteria. The number you need is found (at the secondary level) on their schedule and report card.  Please contact your child’s school for a student ID number.

At the elementary level, if they need their id number, they need to get that from their school office.

If you have any questions about these services, please feel free to contact the Food Services Department at 315-487-4661. Click on the MySchoolBucks logo to access your MySchoolBucks account.

Please be aware that MySchoolBucks is an independent entity that provides this service to West Genesee. MySchoolBucks collects a service charge for deposits made through their website.  Also, the maximum deposit for any one child is currently $120.00 online. We continue to work with MySchoolBucks in an effort to raise the maximum deposit amount allowed per transaction. There is not a service charge for deposits made directly at your child’s school building. 

 Vendor Allergen Information Now Available

Your child’s safety is important to us. To ensure that The West Genesee Food Service Department is aware of your child’s particular dietary restrictions, such as allergies or diabetes, it is necessary for the parent or guardian of the child to submit a doctor’s note to the school nurse every year.

You need to give permission to the nurse to release the information to the Food Service Department. This is to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule.  Please send in a parent letter and documentation from a medical authority stating the foods that are potentially dangerous or life threatening.

If your child is lactose intolerant, a signed medical note from your physician (required by the state) must be on file in order for an alternative drink to be offered in place of milk. This must be a medical condition, not a preference and does not apply to á la carte food sales.

Vendor Allergen Information – Check Back for updates.

Food Service Updates

National Spotlight – School Lunch Balances and Lunch Shaming

Lunch shaming has been in the national spotlight for the last several months. Basically defined; this is when students face negative consequences for not having available money to purchase school meals. We have made a change to how we handle situations where students do not have money available on their account once they reach the cash register in their buildings.

We WILL NOT DENY any student a meal, nor will we tell them that they do not have money on their account. However, if your child does not have adequate money on their account, they will not be able to purchase snack or ala carte items. That is why it is important for our parents and guardians to monitor your children’s account balances. We have set up the following new process for monitoring student accounts and notifying parents:

  1. Once a child has a negative balance, their account is placed on a watch list
  2. If the same child’s account continues to have a negative balance on Friday, the account is flagged.
  3. If the same child’s account continues to have a negative balance the following Friday, we will mail a first class letter to the parent/guardian asking that they address the situation.
  4. If the same child’s account continues to have a negative balance a third Friday, we will be making personal phone calls to the parent/guardian seeking resolution to the situation.
  5. We will continue to work with parents/guardians to get the account back in good status.
  6. If the account continues to be delinquent, the District may turn the account over for collection.

We make every effort to work with our families. Communication, not avoidance, is the key when you run into a difficult situation. Please help us give your child a positive lunch experience. Also, please remember that if your child has a negative balance and you make a deposit to their account, the deposit is applied to the negative balance first, then any remaining funds will be available for their use in our cafeterias.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email us.