Welcome to the West Genesee Special Education Parent Teacher Student Association webpage!
Special Education PTAs (or SEPTAs) are designed to help parents advocate for special needs children. It is a place for parents and teachers to exchange information on various programs, funding, ever-changing state and federal laws and to support each other on the many problems of adjustment, growth, and development our members face. SEPTA has regular meetings just like any other PTA, with speakers to run lectures or workshops on many pressing issues for our children.
The West Genesee Special Education PTSA was founded on February 2, 2009, and represents students K-12 in the West Genesee School District. Membership is not restricted to parents/teachers/students enrolled in special education programs or receiving special services. It is open to any interested parent, teacher, student or administrator.
You will find information below and to the right that will help you to find answers to questions you may have about Special Education
General Special Education PTSA Meetings for 2017-2018
(6:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:30-8:00 p.m. WGHS Library
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:30-8:00 p.m. WGHS Library (Speaker)
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:30-8:00 p.m. WGHS Library (Speaker)
- Thursday, March 29, 2018 Resource Fair WGHS Library 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:30-8:00 p.m. WGHS Library
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 WGHS Library classroom 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 Picnic at Shove Park 1:00-6:00 p.m.