On October 18, 2016, we reported on some preliminary lead water testing that the District completed proactively last spring. The results were very good for all of our buildings. (See October 18, 2016 letter below this document.) The October 18, 2016, communication also outlined the new regulations, released on September 6, 2016, that school districts are required to follow.
Based on these requirements, the District has identified and completed all of the water testing that has been required in our buildings. While we are waiting on the lab results, and are cautiously optimistic based on our earlier building sampling tests, we would like to offer the following current information:
Approximate Number of Additional Tests Completed – (880)
(These are over and above those (59) reported on October 18, 2016)
- East Hill Elementary – 92 Additional Tests – Completed on September 19, 2016
- Onondaga Road Elementary ‐ 86 Additional Tests – Completed on September 26, 2016 Split Rock Elementary ‐ 85 Additional Tests – Completed on September 26, 2016
- Stonehedge Elementary ‐ 172 Additional Tests – Completed on September 21, 2016
- Camillus Middle School ‐ 180 Additional Tests – Completed on October 27‐28, 2016
- West Genesee Middle School ‐ 105 Additional Tests – Completed on October 20‐21, 2016
- West Genesee High School ‐ 160 Additional Tests – Completed on October 26‐27, 2016
We have worked very closely with our health safety risk manager from OCM BOCES to identify all locations that require testing under the new regulations. Based on this guidance, we are confident that we have satisfied the testing requirement, pending the reporting of the detailed results, and if needed, required remediation. Again, based on our samples we are hopeful that our results will be similar. With that said, be assured that any results that come back positive, or even approach positive levels, will be addressed in an expeditious manner.
The District is required to upload the results of the tests that have been completed on a New York State data base that the general public will have access to. We will be uploading information, as allowed, prior to the November 11, 2016, deadline. Please remember, at this point, the District has met all of the sample testing deadlines. However, the turn‐around time of the laboratories testing our samples is out of our hands.
When the results are available, we will upload them immediately to the State data base as well as provide a new update online, inclusive of a direct link to the New York State data base for West Genesee.