West Genesee Central School District
Title 1 School Family Engagement Policy-
West Genesee Middle School
West Genesee Middle School School is committed to involving parents, guardians, families, and the community to improve student academic achievement. To that end, we shall:
- provide assistance to parents of children served by the school in understanding such topics as the New York State Next Generation Learning Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics, state and local academic assessments, how to monitor a child’s progress, and work with educators to improve achievement.
- provide materials and training, as appropriate, to help parents work with their children to improve achievement and to foster parental involvement.
- educate teachers, pupil services personnel, administrators, and other staff, with the assistance of parents, in the value and utility of contributions by parents; we will continue to educate personnel in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs, and build ties between home and school.
- coordinate and integrate, to the extent feasible and appropriate, parent involvement programs and activities with mathematics and literacy, including interventions and informational evenings, and encourage and support parents to fully participate in the education of their children.
- ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to the parents of participating children in a format and in a language the parents can understand.
- communicate with parents via several avenues including school newsletters, blogs, the district website, West Genesee Communications powered by SchoolMessenger, open houses, curriculum nights, report cards, progress reports, email, and parent conferences regarding school programs and student progress.
Prepared and Reviewed by: Mike McGrath (Principal), Beth Lozier (Assistant Principal), Gwen Walker (Parent & Teacher), Mary Beth Smith (Instructional Specialists), Crystal Best (School Counselor), Jennifer Olson (Parent & PTA President)