West Genesee Central School District
Title 1 School Parent Involvement Policy-
Split Rock Elementary School
Split Rock Elementary School is committed to involving parents and the community to improve student academic achievement.
To that end, we shall:
- Provide assistance to parents of children served by the school in understanding such topics as the New York State P – 12 Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics, state and local academic assessments, and how to monitor a child’s progress and work with educators to improve the achievement of their children.
- Provide materials and training, as appropriate, to help parents work with their children to improve their achievement and to foster parental involvement.
- Educate teachers, pupil services personnel, principals, and other staff with the assistance of parents, in the value and utility of contributions by parents, and in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs, and build ties between parents and the school.
- Coordinate and integrate, to the extent feasible and appropriate, parent involvement programs and activities with mathematics and literacy, including literacy and mathematics interventions, and conduct other activities, such as Math and Literacy Information nights, which encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.
- Ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to the parents of participating children in a format and in a language the parents can understand.
- Communicate with parents via several avenues including school newsletters, the district website, West Genesee Communications powered by Blackboard, open houses, curriculum nights, report cards, progress reports, e-mail, and parent conferences regarding school programs and student progress.
Prepared by: Split Rock Elementary School Principal; Elaine Mallory, IS Teacher ; Hollis Dyl, IS Teacher ; Kim Grome, IS Teacher; Kristin Lockwood, Parent; and Scott Donaldson, Parent
School Parent Involvement Policy 2017