Table of Contents
- From the Board
- Selection Process
- Candidate Profile
- District Profile
- The West Genesee Community
- Board of Education Members
- Application for the Position of Superintendent of Schools
The West Genesee Board of Education is inviting you to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools. We are proud of our high-performing district and excited about the opportunity to work with an experienced and enthusiastic educator who shares our vision for helping students attain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for lifelong learning as well as becoming cooperative, self-directed, productive, and caring citizens.
Over the past two decades, West Genesee has implemented many program improvements to help raise the academic success of our students. With the support of our community, we have also invested in our employees and our infrastructure. In short, we have built a wonderful foundation for learning.
Please consider building on this foundation and applying for the position of Superintendent. We look forward to hearing from you.
All applications and communications should be directed to:
Dr. Jody Manning, District Superintendent & CEO Onondaga-Cortland-Madison BOCES
P.O. Box 4754
Syracuse, NY 13221
Applications must be postmarked by April 22, 2019 and include a letter of application, a completed application form, a current resume, a copy of the School District Administrator certificate and an updated university placement folder. Application forms may be obtained from ocmboces.org [Administrative Services/Superintendent Searches] by clicking here or directly by clicking here.
Candidates will be screened by Dr. Manning and recommended to the Board. The final choice of a superintendent will be the responsibility of the Board of Education. An appointment is expected to be made in June with the new superintendent expected to assume the position by September.
The West Genesee Central School District seeks a candidate who is:
- A passionate educator with high expectations and a commitment and concern for students;
- An educational leader who can envision our school district in the future;
- A respected role model who will be highly visible and approachable;
- A collaborative leader who engages the entire school community in continual improvement;
- An effective communicator who listens to and respects the ideas of others, and is able to articulate the district’s goals, successes, and challenges;
- A mentor who can empower others to achieve excellence;
- An individual of the highest integrity, with high ethical and moral standards;
- An experienced leader who can demonstrate fiscal responsibility; and
- A lifelong learner who instills the love for learning in all.
The Board of Education plans to offer a salary in the range of $170,000 – $190,000 with a competitive benefits package. The successful candidate will be offered a three-year contract with an annual performance review. Residency in the district is strongly preferred.
Candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of application
- Current resume
- Completed application
- Placement file
- Copy of School District Administrator (SDA) Certificate
The West Genesee Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or parental status in any of its activities including employment and educational programs.
- General Fund Budget: $88,000,070
- Student Enrollment: 4,514
- District Employees: 930
- Class of 2018: 95% Earned Regents Diplomas
- Named one of the “Best Communities for Music Education in America” for 13 years by the American Association of Music Merchants/National Association for Music Education
- Extensive Co-curricular and Athletic Opportunities
- Marching Band State Championships (34)
- Athletic Team State Championships: Boys Lacrosse (15); Girls Lacrosse (7); Hockey (3); Boys Wrestling (5); Girls Swimming (3); Boys Swimming (1); Boys Track (2); Boys Golf (1); Boys Football (1); Girls Hockey (w/ Skaneateles) (2); Boys Basketball (1)
- Rigorous High School Academic Program – 34 College-Level Courses
- Academic Support Centers
- Early Literacy Support Program
- Responsive Programs for Special Needs Students
- Outstanding Performing and Visual Arts Programs
- Career and Technical Education Programs
- Numerous Professional Development Opportunities
- Teacher Mentoring Program
- West Genesee/Syracuse University Teaching Center
With 4,500 students and 930 employees, West Genesee is a large suburban district that covers 41 square miles west of Syracuse, New York. With the town of Camillus as its center, the district boasts a rigorous academic program for students in grades K-12. It has seven schools: four elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. The district provides students with a strong academic program in core subjects as well as numerous college-level courses, accelerated courses, distance learning courses, and a variety of electives such as art, music, technology, and business. In 2018, 95% of its high school graduating class earned a Regents diploma.
Outside of academics, the district offers extensive co-curricular and athletic opportunities, boasting nearly 75 state titles in sports and marching band. The district is known for its high level of parent and community support, with prominent displays of navy blue and gold and the popular Wildcat mascot appearing throughout the community.
With an active relationship with Syracuse University, West Genesee provides an excellent climate for teaching and learning. It also houses the Syracuse University Teaching Center, which provides direct in-service training and staff development.
Roberta M. Herron, President
Shawn J. Mitchell, Vice-President
Eric A. Bacon
Kimberly B. Coyne
Jennifer A. James
Joseph F. Simon
Barbara A. Wells, Ph.D
Neil B. Widrick
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 487-2179.