Tips for Taking Care of Your Chromebook
Protecting your Chromebook from Damage
- Use your Chromebook on a table or a desk and keep your work area clean and clear. Using your Chromebook on your bed or lap is not recommended.
- Make sure your charger is routed in a way that it will not be accidentally tripped on or pulled out, and keep your Chromebook charged so it is ready to use.
- Keep food and drinks away from your Chromebook.
- Avoid placing your Chromebook on the floor or furniture like beds and couches.
- Make sure there is nothing in the way when you close the lid to your Chromebook. Even small items like pencils or erasers can damage the screen if they are on the keyboard area when you close the lid.
- Never place objects on top of your Chromebook. Excessive pressure from the weight of objects can damage the screen of your Chromebook, even if it is closed.
- Close your Chromebook if you are going to move it or carry it. Picking your Chromebook up by the screen can cause serious damage to the screen.
- Never place your Chromebook in a book bag with large books or other heavy objects. Use a bag designed for protecting computers and always handle the bag containing your Chromebook with care.
- If you experience any problems with your Chromebook, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the problem.
Cleaning your Chromebook
- Use a soft, slightly damp cloth. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
- To disinfect your computer, use 70% isopropyl alcohol cleaning wipes to gently clean hard, nonporous external surfaces. Do not use ethyl alcohol or other liquid cleaners.
- Do not spray anything directly on the Chromebook.
Caring for your Battery
- Only use the AC adapter that came with your computer.
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer, and connect it to a power outlet.
- You can continue to operate your computer on AC power while your battery is charging.
- Turning your computer off while the battery is charging will significantly reduce charging time.