To use these resources at home, please ask your librarian for a handy-dandy bookmark providing you with the login and password information.
- PebbleGo – This easy reading database has great information on famous people and animals, as well as Earth and Space and Social Studies topics.
- PebbleGo Next – A family of databases that help students in Grades 3-5 learn about key concepts related to Social Studies, Science, States, and American Indians.
- World Book Encyclopedia – Online version of the complete reference work along with dictionary, atlas, links, magazines, historical documents, audio, video, images, and 3D photographs.
- Enchanted Learning – produces children’s educational web sites and games which are designed to capture the imagination while maximizing creativity, learning, and enjoyment.
- Grolier – A winning combination of encyclopedias published by Grolier: Encyclopedia America, Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, and The New Book of Knowledge.
- EBSCO – This magazine database is geared to primary students who are looking for current information on a wide-range of topic. Included at this site are a children’s general encyclopedia and an animal search tool.
- CultureGrams – This online interactive site is great for information about countries, states and territories, with details of the cultures and people all over the world.
- Bookflix – An online literary resource that pairs video storybooks with related non-fiction ebooks. Student page – click here.
- Launchpack Social Studies – A social studies database filtered by grade level that contains topic “packs” of articles, images, videos, web sources, primary sources, and more!
- Launchpack Science – A science database filtered by grade level that contains topic “packs” of articles, images, videos, web sources, primary sources, and more!
- Google – Currently the world’s largest and most used search engine.
- Bing – Like Google, you can search for websites and also do a very nice image search. This one was developed by Microsoft.
Writing Your Bibliography
- BibMe – a bibliography maker tool that will guide you step-by-step to make your bibliographic entry.
- Cyberbee – Not sure what copyright is? Click on the students in this website to get simple and clear answers to your questions.
Online Typing Program
- Type to Learn – web based program to learn touch typing