West Genesee Driver Education September Session
Registration begins Monday, August 12: Registrations may be dropped off at the high school guidance office beginning Monday, August 12 between 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. The forms will be available on the district website and in the high school guidance office Friday, August 9. Please note: registrations will not be accepted prior to August 12. Online registration is not available.
The West Genesee Adult Education Department offers the New York State Education Department approved Driver Education Program. Successful completion will earn the student a MV 285 (formally known as a “blue card”) and an insurance reduction certificate. The course will be offered 4 times each year in September, January, March, and each summer.
- A New York State teacher certified in Driver’s Education will provide 24 hours of classroom instruction and the Driving School will provide 24 hours of in-car instruction.
- The combination of classroom and in-car instruction will run September 9 through November 8. (see details below)
- Attendance is mandatory for all classroom and driving sessions.
- Space is limited to 36 students. Admission to the Driver Education Program is on a first-come, first-served basis with receipt of the completed registration form (with parent’s signature) and $425 payment. This program will fill quickly, please register early.
- Carefully consider student’s entire academic, extracurricular, and work schedules before committing to this course. Certificate of Completion will not be issued and no refund will be made, if student fails to meet the attendance requirements.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driving permit before the date of the first class: no exceptions.
Dates: September 9 through November 8, up to 3 or 4 driving sessions per week
Times: will be arranged after receipt of registration.
Location: WGHS Front Circle
- September: Monday, 9 – Thursday, 12 – Monday 16 – Tuesday, 17 – Monday 23 – Thursday, 26 – Monday, 30
- October: Thursday, 3 – Monday, 7 – Thursday, 10 – Thursday, 17 – Monday, 21st – Thursday 24– Monday 28 – Tuesday 29 (skip Halloween)
- November: Monday, 4 – Thursday 7
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: West Genesee High School, Room C213
This program is administered through the WG Adult Education Department. Please call 315-487-2279 or e-mail Lmagoulas@westgenesee.org with any questions.
Driver Education Registration September 2019
Completed registration forms from the printable version at the top of the page with a check for $425 may be dropped off at the high school guidance office beginning Monday, August at 7:00 a.m. Please make check payable to WGCSD. This class will fill quickly, please register early.
Withdrawal requests will be honored with full refund until Friday, August 30. No refunds will be made for student withdrawal after August 30. Carefully consider student’s entire academic, extracurricular, and work schedules before committing to this course. Full refunds will be made to students who cannot be accommodated due to space limitations.
~Please keep a copy for your records~
This program is administered through the WG Adult Education Department. Please call (315) 487-2279 or e-mail Lmagoulas@westgenesee.org with any questions.
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at email@example.com or call (315) 487-2179.