FACILITIES DEVELOPMENT GOALS
A quality educational program can best function in an environment that is conducive to learning and provides a safe and comfortable place for students and staff.
Accordingly, the Board of Education establishes the following goals for facilities development:
- developing a long-range planning and improvement program;
- providing the facilities needed to serve all students in the district;
- providing facilities and equipment that will best support and accommodate the needs of a quality educational program;
- designing and constructing all facilities with particular attention to safety, security and appropriate lighting, heating, ventilation, acoustics, spatial factors, aesthetic appearance, and technology infrastructure.
- planning for flexible and adaptable school spaces in order to best accommodate present and future needs for instructional areas; and
- considering the adaptability of school facilities to community use.
Update Presentation: 4/4/90
First Vote: 4/11/90
Second Vote: 5/2/90