School Board Governance and Operations
Organization of the Board
Role of the Treasurer
At its annual organizational meeting, the Board will appoint a school district treasurer. The Board sets the term of service and compensation for the Treasurer.
Duties of the Treasurer
- To act as custodian of all moneys belonging to the district;
- To receive all moneys belonging to the district;
- To deposit moneys received in banks designated by the Board of Education;
- To give a bond in such sum as shall be required before entering on the duties of the office;
- To pay out district moneys on written order of officers of the Board of Education;
- To give detailed accounts of moneys received and disbursed.
Authority to sign checks
- Payroll-treasurer. Moneys shall be disbursed for services of employees on
signature of the treasurer, by checks payable to the person entitled thereto.
- Checks issued in payment of approved general fund bills will require only the
single signature of the District Treasurer. Use of a digital signature is authorized.
Update Presentation: 3/18/15
First Vote: 4/1/15
Second Vote: 4/15/15