School Board Governance and Operations
Board Member Services
New Board Member Orientation
The Board and the administrative staff shall assist each new member elect or appointed member to understand the Board’s functions, policies, and procedures and operation of the school system before taking office. Each member elect or appointed member
- shall be given selected material on the function of the board and the school
- shall be invited to attend Board meetings and to participate in its discussion
and invited into executive session as Board deems appropriate.
- shall be invited to meet with the superintendent and other administrative
personnel to discuss services they perform for the Board.
- shall be given a copy of the Board’s policies and bylaws, and copies of pertinent materials developed by the state school board association.
- shall be encouraged to attend new board member conferences and workshops as deemed appropriate.
- shall attend any mandated School Board Member training.
Update Presentation: 10/21/09
First Vote: 11/4/09
Second Vote: 11/18/09