In furtherance of its technology philosophy, the Board hereby establishes the following goals:
- Technology will enhance student learning.
- Students will become effective users of instructional technology.
- Staff will continually grow in their ability to make effective use of instructional
- District will continually improve and develop information retrieval resources.
- District will communicate often with the public on the use of instructional technology in the schools.
- District will build and maintain a physical infrastructure that allows networking within and among school buildings and other entities.
- District will manage and maintain instructional technology assets.
- District will budget fiscal support of instructional technology (hardware, software, people, training).
- District will assess at least annually the instructional technology program.
Administrative Regulations shall prescribe the use and supervision of network and technology resources. The regulations will identify management and support staff. Building principals will be responsible for use of technology in their buildings in conjunction with the Director of Technology or Superintendent’s Designee.
First Vote: 12/3/97
Second Vote: 12/17/97
Use and Supervision of Technology Resources (4510.2-R)
Network and Technology resources shall be used primarily for professional and educational purposes. The overall management of these resources will be under the direction of the Director of Technology or the Superintendent’s Designee.
Building principals are responsible for technology supervision within their building and will work in conjunction with the Director of Technology or the Superintendent’s Designee. Support staff within the building is made directly available to the principal.
Principals working in conjunction with the Director of Technology or the Superintendent’s Designee will determine the priority of assistance provided by support staff.