Procedure for the Submission of Propositions
The proposed budget shall be presented to the voters of the district for adoption at the annual meeting on the third Tuesday in May or on a date otherwise designated by law.
Individuals desiring to submit questions or propositions to be placed on the ballot shall conform to the following requirements:
- new propositions, which must be included in the advertised public notice of the annual meeting, shall be filed with the district clerk on or before the 60th day immediately preceding the annual meeting and said propositions shall be supported by petitions containing signatures of twenty-five voters or not less than five per cent of the eligible voters who voted in the previous district election, whichever is greater;
- such petition shall be subject to approval by the Board of Education and to approval by district legal counsel as to form and legality;
- the proposition shall be stated clearly and concisely and is subject to revision as to length and form by the Board of Education, while considering same for placement on the voting machine;
- any propositions which require the expenditures of monies must include the necessary specific dollar appropriation;
- any proposition may be rejected by the Board of Education if it is not within the power of the voters.
Update Presentation: 8/19/98
First Vote: 9/2/98
Second Vote: 9/16/98