The High School Counselors have assembled some links to sites with information about Financial Aid.
- High School Financial Aid Night – Click on the title to see what was discussed at the Financial Aid Night held in September 2018 and to download the slideshow.
- Stress-Free Guide to Student Loans – A go-to resource for students looking to manage their student debt. With help from two student loan experts, the guide offers a look at loan management options, what to expect from different types of loans, and how to manage the stress that can come from being in debt.
- Tips and Tools for Getting Out of Student Loan Debt Quickly – A great tool that lets student calculate how long it will take to pay off their loans with a breakdown of monthly payments. It also offers tips quickly from a student loan attorney for paying off student loans quickly
- Student Award Search Aid
This website helps students locate and apply for scholarships.
- New York’s 529 Plan
This plan offers families a tax-advantaged way to start saving now for college in the future.
- Scholarships.com – Free College Scholarship Search
Welcome to Scholarships.com Since 1998, Helping Students Find Free Money for College
- CSS/Financial Aid Profile
Financial aid application service of the College Board. Allows students to apply for scholarships, grants, and other financial aid.
Welcome to CollegeNET!
- Student/Parent Workbook
Print your own copy of “Know More No Less” a Student/Parent Workbook On How To Get EXACTLY What You Need Financially To Go To College.
- FAFSA on the Web
You may use this on-line form to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- FAST Web
FastWeb lets students create a personalized profile that can be matched against expansive databases of scholarships.
FinAid, The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid, is a comprehensive free resource for objective information about student financial aid.
While there are legitimate services to help college-bound students, it can be hard to know the difference. Protect yourself from scholarship scams or financial aid fraud. Visit the Federal Trade Commission online for the latest information and advisories for consumers.
- Sallie Mae Inc. – A guide to federal education loans including general information about college financing.
- Parent Plus Loan Information Page
This site provides parents with the information they will need to obtain parent plus loans as well as other information.
- HESC Website
An excellent source for financial aid information for New York students. Nearly $1 billion in state aid programs.
- Affordable Colleges in NYS
- Scholarship Search Platforms
We will continue to assemble resources found on the Internet for our students and parents to use.
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 487-2179.