After receiving the New York State Department of Health and New York State Education Department’s guidance document earlier this month, the West Genesee Central School District started working to adopt the model and create our own Reopening Plan.
West Genesee formed a COVID-19 Task Force early this year which has been exploring options for the safe reopening of our schools. The District has also been working with a regional group of school districts through OCM BOCES to share information and best practices. Based on the committee’s recommendations and the regional group’s work, in accordance with the new state guidelines, West Genesee plans to submit an initial plan to New York State by the July 31 deadline.
Below is information concerning the reopening of schools.
- Letter from Supt. Bills: Update on COVID-19 Cases (November 18, 2020)
- Latest Testing Site Listing / Printable Version (November 17, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: COVID Positive Information-WGMS (November 15, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: COVID Positive Information-Stonehedge (November 15, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: Update on Recent COVID-19 Positive Cases (November 13, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: WGHS Remote Instruction (November 10, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: COVID Positive Information for Stonehedge (November 8, 2020)
- Message from Supt. Bills to WGHS Parents: Positive Case (November 4, 2020)
- Message from Supt. Bills to CMS Parents: Positive Case (November 2, 2020)
- Message from Supt. Bills: Positive Case at East Hill (October 29, 2020)
- Letter to CMS Parents: Staff Quarantine (October 22, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: WGHS Positive Case (October 21, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: Transportation Dept. (October 20, 2020)
- Letter from Supt. Bills: Student Tests Positive (October 20, 2020)
- Letter to Split Rock Parents (October 12, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- School Bus Transportation Letter
- School Building Meal Program Letter
- Chromebook Distribution Information
- West Genesee District Reopening Plan
- West Genesee Testing and Contact Tracing Plan 2020-2021
- West Genesee Virtual Learning Plan
- Letter from Supt. Bills-Reopening Plan/Selection of Options
- West Genesee Special Education Plan for Returning to School
- West Genesee Student Days During In-Person / Hybrid Learning
- 2020-21 School Year: What’s New and Different?
- Presentation of Reopening Plan from Special BOE Meeting held on July 30, 2020
- Video of Special BOE Meeting held on July 30, 2020
- Video of Panel Discussion with Parents on District Reopening held on August 19, 2020
- Video of Panel Discussion with Parents on District Reopening held on August 20, 2020
Talks with the Superintendent about Reopening of Schools (hosted by PTA/PTOs)
The West Genesee PTAs and PTOs are pleased to host Superintendent of Schools, David C. Bills, for building-specific Talks with the Superintendent. These talks will address parent questions and concerns on the reopening of schools in the fall.
Each PTA/PTO will email parents/guardians of their school an invitation to participate in the discussion for their schools. (They will come separately per school PTA/PTO.) If you have a student in multiple schools feel free to register in the schools of each of your children.
- CMS PTO – Mon., July 27, 2020, 6 pm
- WGHS PTSA – Tue., July 28, 2020, 6 pm
- WGMS PTA – Wed., July 29, 2020, 6 pm
- ST PTA – Mon., August 3, 2020, 6 pm
- SR PTO – Tue., August 4, 2020,, 6 pm
- EH PTA – Wed., August 5, 2020, 6 pm
- OR PTA – Mon., August 10, 2020, 6 pm
*Invitations will be/or were sent directly to parents from the respective PTA/PTO at least one week prior to the scheduled date.
Guidelines for Reopening Resources
- NYS Education Department Reopening Guidance
- NYS DOH Interim Guidance for In-Person Instruction at Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Reopening New York Guidelines for In-Person Instruction at Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools
- Reopening New York Checklist for Pre-K to Grade 12 School Reopening Plans
- Onondaga County Reopening Guidance
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 487-2179.