Welcome to the West Genesee Special Education Parent Teacher Student Association webpage!
Special Education PTAs (or SEPTAs) are designed to help parents advocate for special needs children. It is a place for parents and teachers to exchange information on various programs, funding, ever-changing state and federal laws and to support each other on the many problems of adjustment, growth, and development our members face. SEPTA has regular meetings just like any other PTA, with speakers to run lectures or workshops on many pressing issues for our children.
The West Genesee Special Education PTSA was founded on February 2, 2009, and represents students K-12 in the West Genesee School District. Membership is not restricted to parents/teachers/students enrolled in special education programs or receiving special services. It is open to any interested parent, teacher, student or administrator.
You will find information below and to the right that will help you to find answers to questions you may have about Special Education
General Special Education PTSA Meetings for 2017-2018
(6:30 – 8:00 p.m. )
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018 – WGHS Cafeteria 1
- Tuesday, October 10, 2018 – Executive Board Meeting- time and location TBA
- Tuesday, October 29, 2018 – Stonehedge Library
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018 – WGHS Library (Speaker)
- December – No Meeting
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 – WGHS LGI Room (6:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 4, 2019 – Executive Board Meeting- time and location TBA
- Monday, March 11, 2019 – WGHS Library (Speaker/Workshop)
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 -Onondaga Road (Nominations/Election of Officers)
- Monday, May 13, 2019 WGHS Library classroom
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 Picnic at Shove Park 1:00 p.m.