Welcome to West Genesee Central School District. You must be a resident of the District to register.
Under New York State Education Law 3202(1), a school district is required to admit, “only district residents who are over 5 and under 21 years of age.” Residency means domicile, which requires one’s physical presence and the intention to remain there permanently. A student’s legal school district residence is presumed to be that of his parents or legal guardian. To determine residency, the district will need to review all facts specific to the residency in question.
We offer a virtual registration that allows our families to register their K-12 children (and preschool children in need of special education services) from the comfort of their home or office.
** At this time West Genesee only offers preschool to children requiring special education services.
If you are not able to virtually register a student. Please contact our office and we will set up an appointment to assist with the registration process.
Proof of Residency (minimum of two (2) proofs of residency must be provided at time of registration) Please note, all documents must be current. One item from each category must be submitted.
Category 1 (1 item)
- Homeowners – Mortgage Statement, Warranty Deed, School or Property Tax Bill. – or –
- Renter – Lease Agreement, Statement from landlord or other third party that established physical address in District -or-
- Renter without a Lease – (on month to month basis) the following should be provided: A notarized letter from the landlord and a current utility bill (or utility hook-up receipt). If your utilities are included in the rent, additional document (see below) may be provided for consideration to establish residency
- Live with a district resident – (e.g.: parent, grandparent, friend, etc.) and do not pay rent, please complete the set of signed and notarized affidavits, which will be provided upon request. The affidavits must be completed as follows: The first is to be signed by the district resident, who must also provide proof of residency as stated above. The second is to be signed by the parent or legal guardian of the registering student, who should also provide additional documents from the non-exhaustive list below to establish residency (Category 2).
Category 2 (1 item)
- Pay Stub
- Utility or other bills
- Income tax form
- Voter document
- State or other government issued identification
Proof of Age:
The District will require documentation and/or information establishing your child’s age. Please supply a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth. Where such documentation is not available, a passport (including a foreign passport) may be used.
Where birth certificate or passport is not available, the District may consider certain other evidence, which has been in existence two years or more. Other evidence may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- official driver’s license;
- state or other government issued identification;
- school photo identification with date of birth;
- consulate identification card;
- hospital or health records;
- military dependent identification card;
- document issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
- court orders or other court-issued documents;
- Native American tribal document; or
- records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.
*******If applicable, provide any custody documentation
Please provide the most up-to-date record of immunizations to the student’s health office.
For general requests, ie. all legal and tax verification letters, contact the student’s school secretary.
300 Sanderson Drive
Camillus, NY 13031
Fax (315) 487-2999
Director of Accountability, Counseling and Instructional Support