East Hill PTA Meeting Minutes – October 9, 2019 at 6:30pm
Attendance: Michele Grosser, Lisa Craig, Amy Vergamini, Becky Tully, Nicole Bova, Cheryl Meany, Jen Corby, Jennifer Wademan, Jessica Joanis
- Call to order at 6:30 P.M.
- Reviewed and approved the September 17, 2019 meeting minutes. Approval led by Becky Tully seconded by Cheryl Meany.
- Account Updates: Checking Account Balance: $9,262.62
Savings Account Balance: $13,634.51
- Jog- A- Thon money still being collected.
Getting ready for PARP (Pick A Reading Partner).
- “Reading is Spooktacular” is the theme
- Kids will drop everything and read when The Monster Mash is played
- Creativity is P2 theme – kids will decorate a pumpkin
- Troy Cummings, guest author and illustrator, inspires creativity
Student Council elected; meeting with them Thursday, October 10.
- Jen Corby, new IS instructor, presented. She’s happy to be at EH; teachers are all set.
- Michele reviewed grant submission by Jennifer MacArthur asking for white boards, markers and erasers to help students in grades K-5 to help with decoding words during TEAM Time.
- Committee Chair positions filled
- Total request = $105.25
- Approval led by Cheryl Meany, seconded by Jennifer Wademan
- Custodian day was 10/2/19.
- Thank you to Sweets- n -Treats committee for bringing in food to celebrate the custodians.
- Custodians were very appreciative and pass along their thanks
- Notes reflect that Amy Vergamini and Olivia Colabufo have been voted in and hold the following
Positions: Amy Vergamini is Secretary and Olivia Colabufo is Treasurer
- Approval led by Nicole Bova, seconded by Lisa Caig, all were in favor
- Membership – Cheryl Meany – Goal is 154 members, currently have 118 members
- Jog – a – Thon – Great day, great weather, money still coming in
- Special Thanks to Salt City DJ’s; The WG Cheerleaders; and Guinta Produce
- Community Giving – Amy Vergamini –
- Power Pack program is off to a good start; emails going out soon to ask for help shopping and packing
- Brief discussion about wrapping gifts received from the giving tree or sending in unwrapped gifts; tabled this discussion
- Book Fair –
- Need more volunteers for Family Night
- Staff Breakfast – Scholastic will present to teachers, teachers preview books
- Guest Author Troy Cummings will be here 10/23/19
- 122 books ordered for him to sign
- Plan is to be very interactive with the students
- Spirit Wear
- Online store is up and ready to take orders
- Samples will be available at the Book Fair Family Night
- District Council
- There are left over supplies from the school supply drive if there is a need
- There’s talk of a winter coat drive – more to come
Adjournment: 7:03 P.M.
The next meeting will be November 13, 2019 at 6:30 in the East Hill Library.