Printable Version of Festival Wednesday Schedule (Revised on February 17, 2021)
Festival Wednesday Schedule
Blue Group – Letters A-K or Monday/Tuesday cohort
Gold Group – Letters L-Z or Thursday/Friday cohort
Students will meet every other week according to the schedule below. If we need to cancel any future week, I will alert you by email and adjust the schedule going forward. We will not meet if we have a snow day. Morning parent drop off will be between 9:15-9:45am at the new, west side circle of the HS. Enter door #1. Afternoon drop off will be between 11:20-11:45am at the new, west side circle of the HS. Bus drop off will be on the old front circle of the HS. Door #16. The session times are listed below:
Morning – 9:45-11:00am – Grade 5/6 Chorus and Grade 7/8 Band/Orchestra
Afternoon – 11:45-1:00pm – Grade 5/6 Band/Orchestra and Grade 7/8 Chorus
Dates and groups. All on Wednesday.
- February 10 – Blue
- February 24 – Gold
- March 3 – GOLD COHORT! This will not conflict with WGMS.
- March 10 – Blue
- March 17 – Gold
- March 24 – Blue
- April 7 – Gold
- April 14 – Blue
- April 21 – Gold
- April 28 – Blue
- May 5 – Gold – This will be the last week of Festival Wednesday
Here is the latest news about Festival Wednesday, starting on Wednesday, October 21 at West Genesee High School (note the date change from October 14 in prior communications). Please review the bulleted details below prior to filling out the Google form. This is an optional program, not required or mandatory. It is the only means we have to offer our grade 5-8 students a music ensemble experience. Directly below this paragraph is a Google Form to collect information about your child attending this exciting offering. Please fill out this Google form by Tuesday, October 13 if you chose to have your child participate. You do not have to fill out the form if your child will not participate.
Details for Festival Wednesdays
- The program is for any music student, either in the hybrid or remote schedule.
- There are Blue weeks (for alpha students A-K or Monday/Tuesday students) and Gold weeks (for alpha students L-Z or Thursday/Friday students). The program will run every other week for your child.
- All sessions will follow the current social distancing guidelines. Masks are required. Band members (wind players), a paper mask would be best so we can make a small slit in that mask so you can get the mouthpiece to lips. String members and vocalists can use any mask.
- There will be 2 sections each day. 9:45-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-1:15 p.m. As you can see below, if your child in any grade level wants to attend both a chorus session and a band/orchestra session, they can have both! Or they can attend one session only as well.
- If your child stays for both sessions, you will need to provide them with lunch or snack and water. Students will eat in their morning rooms, monitored by our staff, then move to their afternoon placement at 11:45 a.m.
- In the Google Form, you will need to choose how you would like to transport your child to school. We will provide buses for both sessions, to and from your home just like a normal school day, or you can choose to transport your child as well. Bus routes will be created starting on Wednesday, October 14 and will be communicated to you prior to the start of the program.
- If your child needs a school owned instrument (French horn, baritone, tuba, cello or string bass only), you will need to notate that on the Google Form as well.
- The program will be run by our outstanding WG Music Staff.
- Temperature check slips are required to enter the high school. We will collect them on arrival. We do not have the staff to check your child’s temperature on arrival. Please note this requirement.
- Areas used in the high school will be sanitized between sessions.
- Our high school nurses are in the building all day.
I will be providing more detailed information (room locations for each group of students, bus/parent drop off points/times) to those families that will be attending Festival Wednesday. I am aware that students in grade 5-6 at WGMS have check in times with their classroom teachers virtually on Wednesdays. I am working with Mr. Dunham to plan out how your child can check in if they participate in our live music program. CMS and WGMS students will still use Operoo that day for attendance.
We are so excited to restart the social/emotional connection and support with your children through the gift of music!!
Director of Fine Arts