To: All West Genesee High School Performing Arts Students and Parents
From: Bill Davern, Director of Fine Arts
Subject: Kaleidoscope 44
Kaleidoscope 44 is Thursday, May 23rd. We appreciate your cooperation with this enormous endeavor. I hope that you will attend this wonderful event. Admission is $12.00 per person, and all seats are general admission. PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE!! Tickets are available ahead of time at the Main and Fine Arts Office, all May concerts, Etix.com (search “kaleidoscope”) or at the Civic Center box office the evening of the performance.
- 9:00 a.m.: Soloists and small ensembles excused from class and depart for the Civic Center. Students, bring homework, and money. You will eat lunch downtown.
- 10:30 a.m.: Dancers excused 10:30 a.m. Eat, then depart.
- 12:15 p.m.: Music department students are dismissed from classes. Students load buses in West Circle and Depart for Civic Center. If students have 9th period lunch, they will need to eat quickly and be dismissed from lunch.
- 1:15 p.m.: General meeting in Civic Center
- 1:30 p.m.: Rehearsal begins
- 4:00 p.m.: Rehearsal ends. Load buses and depart Civic Center. Buses return in staggered fashion so please be patient.
- 4:30 p.m.: Return to High School. PARENTS WAITING AT HIGH SCHOOL TO
GIVE THEIR CHILREN A RIDE HOME
- 6:30 p.m.: Civic Center Doors and Box office open.
- 6:45 p.m.: Students report to Civic Center Artist Entrance or War Memorial North Side entrance per ensemble teacher’s directions. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the performance.
- 7:30 p.m.: CURTAIN
- 9:45 p.m.: Performance ends STUDENTS MEET PARENTS AT STREET LEVEL
LOBBY. (The Civic Center has asked us not to have students meet up with
parents in the upper level carpeted lobby)
Department Expectations for Students
REHEARSAL IS MANDATORY!
- Music/Dance students must be in good academic standing in their performance based class (band, orchestra, chorus, dance) in order to attend Kaleidoscope.
- Students are considered “in school” during all rehearsal activities related to Kaleidoscope, including transportation to and from the Civic Center.
- Students must absolutely comply with all West Genesee and Civic Center rules, regulations, and restrictions.
- Students should eat at WGHS during their regular lunch period. Food and drink are prohibited in the theater. You may eat and drink in backstage areas so you should plan on bringing water and/or a light snack if you choose to do so.
- Students will be assigned to specific areas for rehearsal. Students will be restricted to the theater, performance spaces, and adjoining access.
- Students are encouraged to bring homework.
- All WGHS Code of Conduct rules are in effect for the duration of the entire event.
- The use of recording equipment is prohibited by the theater.
These expectations are absolutely essential to the smooth operation of Kaleidoscope and to maintaining the excellent working relationship we have developed with the Civic Center over the PAST 44 years. Thank you very much for your cooperation and we look forward to another outstanding performance!outstanding performance!