West Genesee Driver Education
March 2019 Session
Printable Version of March Driver Education Registration Form – check back on January 29, 2019
Registration begins Wednesday, January 30, 2019: Registrations may be dropped off at the high school guidance office beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 30. The forms will be available on the District website and in the high school guidance office Tuesday, January 29. Online registration is not available. Please note: registrations will not be accepted prior to January 30.
The West Genesee Adult Education Department now offers the New York State Education Department approved Driver Education Program. Successful completion will earn the student a MV 285 (formally known as a “blue card”) and an insurance reduction certificate. The course will be offered four times each year in September, January, March, and each summer.
- A New York State teacher certified in Driver’s Education will provide 24 hours of classroom instruction and the Able II Driving School will provide 24 hours of in-car instruction.
- The combination of classroom and in-car instruction will run March 11 through May 10. (see details below)
- Attendance is mandatory for all classroom and driving sessions.
- Space is limited to 36 students. Admission to the Driver Education Program is on a first-come, first-served basis with receipt of the completed registration form (with parent’s signature) and $425 payment. Registration begins January 30 and ends March 1 or when the class is filled. This program will fill quickly, please register early.
- Carefully consider student’s entire academic, sport, extracurricular, and work schedules before committing to this course. Typically, if your student is in a sport, he/she cannot also take Driver’s Ed. The Certificate of Completion will not be issued and no refund will be made, if student fails to meet the attendance requirements.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driving permit before the date of the first class: no exceptions.
Dates: March 11 through May 10, 2 to 4 driving sessions per week
Time: will be arranged by Able II Driving School upon receipt of registration. (Schedule may include any day Monday through Friday and possibly Saturday.)
Location: WGHS Front Circle
March 11 – Mandatory parent and student meeting – 6-7:30 – WGHS – LGI Room
Dates: March 11, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28, April 2, 4, 9, 11, 23, 25, 30, May 2, 7, 9 (Make-up class May 6)
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: West Genesee High School, Room C213
This program is administered through the WG Adult Education Department.
Please call 315-487-2279 or e-mail Lmagoulas@westgenesee.org with any questions.