As we near the end of semester one, it is time for the January administration of Regents, midterm assessments and finals for some semester-long courses. This year, we will be conducting testing beginning on Tuesday, January 21 and ending on Friday, January 24. During this time, only students who are scheduled to take either a Regents, midterm and/or final will be required to attend.
Additional points to consider:
- No students will attend school on Monday, January 20, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Transportation will be provided for students coming to school in the morning, then home during the midday (11:00 a.m.), and regular afternoon runs (2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.). If a student is taking an afternoon exam only, they will need to take the morning bus in and go to a supervised area to study.
- Cafeteria 1 will be an area for students to wait to be picked up following exams.
- The Career Center (all day) and Cafeteria 3 (7:25 a.m.-11:25 a.m.) will be a quiet study area from for students to prep for exams.
- A Grab and Go Breakfast will be available every morning from 7:00 a.m.-7:30 a.m. in Cafeteria 1.
- A COLD Grab and Go Lunch will be available Tuesday – Thursday from 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in Cafeteria 1.
- ALL cell phones will be collected in Cafeteria 1 before the start of exams.
- Students will NOT be permitted to use their lockers during the testing week.
- BOCES will be running on a normal schedule and transportation will be provided to our students currently enrolled in a BOCES program during the testing time period.
- No students will attend school on Monday, January 27 as it is a Superintendent’s Workshop Day.
To view the specific examination schedule online along with times, click here.
Please see your teacher to get your specific testing location. Room assignments will also be posted at the atrium and main entrance each day.
While we plan for midterms and Regents exams months in advance, winter weather reminds us that we need to be flexible and make changes to ensure the safety of students and staff. If there is a weather emergency, please check the website, your email, and/or Twitter to get updates for how testing will proceed.
Second Semester Information:
Tuesday, January 28 is the first day of second semester classes. Monday, January 27 is designated as a Staff Development Day and school is not in session for students. Students will be provided with a copy of their new schedule in homeroom on the first day of the semester. As always, student schedules can be viewed on SchoolTool at any time.