Printable Version of Letter from Director of Athletics about Fans at Contests
October 9, 2020
Parents of WG Student Athletes,
As you know, Covid-19 has impacted all of our lives these last several months. School and Athletics are no different. We have had to make several adjustments to how things are organized, run, and played due to the guidelines and restrictions placed on us by several government agencies including the NYSED, NYS DOH, NYSPHSAA and the NY Governor’s office. Our student athletes, staff and community have done a fantastic job adhering to all the new guidelines to help ensure the safety of all those that attend our contests.
With that being said, the WGCSD has decided to now allow us to accommodate fans at contests for ALL LEVELS (V, JV, 8/9, and 7/8) as long as the following guidelines are met:
- Only 2 spectators are allowed per athlete with a school/league issued pass (WG/SCAC) – NO PASS, NO ATTENDANCE. This is a NYS DOH policy.
- All in attendance MUST wear a mask at all times.
- All spectators must adhere to social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Please do not arrive to contest sites more than 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Please be respectful of everyone in attendance and exhibit positive sportsmanship at all times by cheering in a positive manner, no negative comments or behavior.
- Buildings are NOT open to the public.
Please remember to follow these guidelines so that we can continue to offer athletic opportunities for all of our student athletes. We still have 3 more seasons left for this school year and are hopeful that we will be able to continue with the teams throughout each one.