Dear WGMS Families,
We are so excited to welcome you to WGMS! During the past few months we have been busy planning for the full reopening of West Genesee Middle School for the 2021-2022 school year. The events that we have planned will provide you and your child with all of the information you will need to make this important transition. Everyone at WGMS is committed to creating a place where your child can learn and thrive. Below are some important dates:
- Locker Night: This event will be held on Wednesday, August 18th from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Stop in during that window of time whenever it works for you. Upon your arrival we will give students their locker assignment and homeroom number. Students are encouraged to bring all of their supplies to put into their locker. If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to come in after August 23rd between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- New Student Orientation: This event is for all rising 5th grade students and all 6th graders who are new to the building or who were fully remote last school year. The dates are August 18th (last name A-K) and August 19th (last name L-Z). We will give students a tour of the building, review their daily schedule, and we will have some staff on hand to answer questions and help students become comfortable with their new school. Orientation will take place from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
- 5th Grade Parent and Guardian Orientation: This event will take place on August 17th from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in our cafeteria. We will review our daily schedule, provide an overview of our counseling resources and give families an idea of what it is like at WGMS.
- Summer Reading: We encourage any and all reading during the Summer! Click here for our 6th grade reading list but would welcome any 5th graders who want to get a headstart on this list.
- Supply Lists: Supply lists can be found on our website under the supply list link or by clicking here.
In the meantime, if you have any questions at all, please email me at email@example.com or call the office at 315.487.4615.
Michael McGrath, Principal