Postmarked by the last Saturday in February
To award four scholarships to New York State high school graduating seniors who reside in New York and are related to or are firefighters in an affiliated member organization of the Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York. These scholarships are named in memory of past president Edward “Ned” Carter and all deceased past presidents of the state association.
- Must be a senior, graduating from high school .
- Must enroll in a two- or four-year accredited college.
- Must be related to or is a firefighter in an affiliated member organization of the Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York.
- Must be entering a career of service to the community (fire service related major, nursing, social work, health related services, teaching, librarian, etc.).
- Financial need will be a factor.
- Must enclose two letters of reference from high school teachers, one from a guidance counselor, one personal reference and one firematic recommendation.
- Must enclose a current official high school transcript.
- Must enclose a copy of parent(s) last Income Tax Report with a copy of the W-2 Form attached.
- All applications must be typed or typed and attached to the reference sheet.
- Must attach completed checklist as cover sheet of application.
Available online at www.firedistnys.com or available in the Career Center