Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to four deserving students (three incoming first year students and one transfer student) who have overcome barriers, succeeded with limited resources or are underrepresented. Students will compete by writing an essay.
- NYS resident
- graduate from a NYS public or private secondary school/college or home schooled in NYS or has a GED
- nominated by a NYSACAC member – school counselors will do this for students
- enroll in an undergraduate program beginning Fall 2018 at a NYSACAC member college within NYS
Essay – choose 1 topic:
- Illustrate how you have overcome barriers.
- The NYSACAC Motto is “Leading the Way”. In your life, how have you led the way?
- Tell us about the person who has influenced you most through the college admission or transfer process.
See your school counselor with your essay.