This trust was established in the name of Thomas R. Fox, who died August 13, 2013, at the age of 73, after a two year struggle with cancer. Tom graduated from SU in 1961. He received his MS in Education from SUNY Oswego in 1979 and a certificate of Advanced Studies in Science Education from SU in 1974. Tom taught physics and earth science at West Genesee for 35 years.
While at WG, Tom served as Science Department chair, coach of both tennis and golf, and Rocket Club advisor. Tennis, which he played in high school, golf, bowling, chess and music were some of his special loves.
- citizen of US
- enroll at a 4 year accredited institution on a full-time basis, or 2 year accredited institution with the intent to transfer to a 4 year institution
- major in education, with preference given to those intending to become a math or science teacher OR majoring in Science, Math, or Engineering
- participation in extra-curricular activities
- must be in good academic standing
- short essay – “My Plans for the Future”