Bus Seat Assignments Update Posted on September 7, 2020
Bus seat assignments are now available in the Ride360. Once in the App, click the + sign for your seat assignment.
Your child’s seat assignment is for whatever ride you indicated that they need on the parent survey in early August.
If you indicated they needed a ride for AM only, PM only or both AM and PM the seat assignment is the same for all rides.
Please note the seating is numbered and lettered starting from row 1 on the passenger side of the bus:
- Seat A is window seat door side
- Seat B is middle seat door side
- Seat C is aisle seat door side
- Seat D is aisle seat driver side
- Seat E is middle seat driver side
- Seat F is window seat driver side
Most seat assignments will be seats A and F. The only instances where other letters are use are where siblings from the same house are sitting together.
Update to Transportation Information Posted on September 4, 2020
We are excited to see your children next Thursday. Please refer to the letter linked below in the District Reopening Information article for details regarding transportation or click here. As we prepare for the new “temporary normal” please review the following key facts with your children for preparation in riding the school bus:
- They must have a mask to ride the bus.
- They must present the driver with their daily health pass to board the bus.(They will hold on to the pass to be given to the staff at the school building.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the bus.
- They must sit in their assigned seat. You can find their seat assignments by accessing the Ride360 App or web link as discussed in the letter linked below.
- Other than siblings, in some instances, all passengers are assigned to their own seat.
- Once in their seat, you child should slide into the window side of the seat.
Please take a few moments to review these key safety steps with your child before next Thursday.
The 2020-21 school year will be unique. We would like to provide you with some basic information regarding the transportation option that you selected for the first semester of the school year.
- Principals will communicate the drop off and pick up times and locations at their building.
- At the elementary levels, car tags will be utilized to expedite the afternoon pick up process. More information will be provided by your child’s principal.
- If you are sharing transportation with another family, proper health precautions should be followed; proper car tags will be required for all children; and prior communication will be required between all families and the building principal.
- Bus pick up and drop off times will be available through a Schooltool push out notification no later than September 4, 2020.
- Live bus pickup and drop off times are available through the Traversa Ride 360 APP. (See additional information linked at the bottom of this webpage.)
- A hardcopy version of this letter/information is being mailed to all parents.
- Bus assignments will include the stop location, time, bus number and seat assignment (ie: la, lb, 2a, etc.).
- All seats on the school bus will have seat numbers above the seats
- Row A is on the left side of the bus, Row B is on the right side of the bus
- Elementary School Students, Grades K-4 will ALL have back pack tags that indicate bus number and seat assignments.
- Bus expectations and rules are as follows:
- All students will be required to wear a mask. If they arrive at the bus without a mask, the driver will provide one.
- All students will be required to sit in their assigned seat.
- Other than famlly members, if needed, there will only be one student per seat.
- All students are asked to have their health assessment pass visible for the driver to see each morning. (If they do not have a pass, they will be required to be screened before entering the school building)
- Students are required to remain seated at all times except for loading and unloading the school bus.
We are aware that this year will bring a little anxiety regarding school bus transportation, especially around disinfecting. We are extremely pleased to inform you that on August 21, 2020 the NYS Department of Transportation changed their position of hand sanitizer on school buses. Therefore, the District will be securing hand sanitizer dispensers which will be available for the driver to provide to the passengers when getting on the school bus.
Also, as mentioned in our community presentations, our entire bus fleet will be disinfected twice a day, after both the morning and afternoon runs, with PureGreen 24. This product Is a 24-hour solution that is EPA approved and registered; a broad spectrum antimicrobial disinfectant and deodorizer with a unique 24-hour residual effectiveness.
We hope that you find this information helpful. Please be looking for additional communications from your building principals and through Schooltool regarding transportation.
Paul E. Pelton
Assistant Superintendent For Management Services
Click here for a printable version of the Traversa Ride 360 Mobile Application Guide.
A hardcopy version of this letter/information is being mailed to all parents.
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at email@example.com or call (315) 487-2179.