The West Genesee Department of Human Resources plays a critical support role in the day-to-day operations of the District. The Staff Resources portion provides a variety of resources and general information for all West Genesee employees such as benefits, physical exams, payroll forms, Family Medical Leave Act, sexual harassment, West Genesee Employee Assistance Program and more.
- OCM BOCES Substitute Service: Effective January 29, 2018, all teachers, teaching assistants, and teacher aides in the West Genesee School District are required to report their absences in this system.
- Certification Registration Information: If you hold permanent, professional certification or Level III Teaching Assistant certifications issued before July 1, 2016, log into the TEACH website http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/login.html during your birth month to register your certificate.
- Benefits: Access information regarding insurance plans, enrollment, retirement information, Employee Assistance Program, and Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Calendars/Staff Holidays
- EAP – Employee Assistance Program: EAP services are available to you and your dependents at no cost. These services include: professional counseling (individual, relationship, family), life coaching, depression screening, legal and financial referrals, workshops and trainings on personal and professional development topics, extensive online information and resources on wellness and mental health topics, and more.
- Employment Policies: Information on finger printing, Board of Education policies related to personnel including sexual harassment and drug free workplace.
- Job Opportunities/Job Openings
- Payroll: Access forms for address change, direct deposit, income tax withholding and mileage tracking.
- Substitute Positions: The District has a continual need to fill substitute positions in our schools.
- Right to Know Training: OCM BOCES online training for right-to-know and bloodborne pathogens.
- Copyright Information
- Copy Center Portal: Tool used for sending multiple copies of a file to our central print service.
- Instructional Technology Resources
- My Learning Plan/Professional Development: Website to register for professional development opportunities, conference and workshops, graduate credits and review credit hours.
- Schooltool: West Genesee’s student information system.
Human Resources supports the West Genesee administrative staff in the recruitment, selection and hiring of more than 1,000 teaching and support staff. The department also works closely with the entire staff in the implementation of union/district initiatives, bargaining agreements and Board of Education policies.
The department also oversees issues regarding fair labor practices, due process proceedings, mediation and conflict resolution, ongoing staff development, management of in-service credits, educational seminars and graduate credits, the teacher mentoring program and the maintenance of confidential personnel records.
West Genesee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The West Genesee Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Title IX Officer, West Genesee Central School District, 300 Sanderson Drive, Camillus, NY 13031.