Open-Ended Job Postings
Applications are always accepted for many full-time, part-time and substitute positions listed below. When an opening occurs, applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor for review. For a printable application, click on the job titles below. For upcoming Civil Service examination announcements, please visit the Onondaga County Personnel Department website.
- Automotive Mechanic: Repairs diesel and gasoline vehicles. Must possess CDL B Driver’s License with P and S endorsements. Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- School Bus Driver: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and CDL B Driver’s License with P and S endorsements. We will provide training to help you attain the necessary licenses.
- Clerical Work – Civil Service: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and good computer skills. Previous experience doing clerical work preferred. Substitute position, filling in as needed. Must type at least 35 words per minute – test given.
- Custodial Worker: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and previous work experience doing cleaning. Works individually and as part of a team.
- Food Service Helper: Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Cashier experience helpful.
- Maintenance Worker: Performs skilled repairs and maintenance of buildings. Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and electrical. Must possess CDL B driver license. Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Teacher Aide: Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Establishes good rapport with students. Those who are bus monitors must take NYS Education Department Bus Attendant Pre-Service course (provided by school district).
- Nurse: Provides health services in school buildings. Must possess NYS RN license with CPR and AED certifications.
- Occasional Worker: Works during summer and vacation breaks in maintenance, computer/technology or clerical fields. Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 487-2179.