Dear Students, Parents, Guardians, and Friends of the Class of 2020,
Congratulations! Thank you for your patience throughout this process as we have worked to create the most exceptional way to celebrate you under these extraordinary circumstances.
We know that you have been eager to hear more details about our graduation plan, but we also have a responsibility to create a safe celebration. In addition to the graduation guidelines from the Onondaga County Health Department, on June 14, the NYS Department of Health also released guidelines for high school graduations that reinforced the need for our current drive-through stage walk plan. *If you are experiencing the following COVID-19 symptoms please DO NOT attend any of the WGCSD graduation events.**
Like you, we initially hoped that we could gather together as a class for graduation, but we are confident that our current plan incorporates beloved WG traditions, while at the same time creates an atmosphere of celebration that you so deserve!
- On Thursday, June 18, 2020 seniors and their families will be provided with one ticket per car to watch the pre-recorded graduation ceremony and the senior video as a class at the NYS Fairgrounds Orange Lot Drive-In Movie Theater. The recorded ceremony will begin at 9:00 p.m. More details regarding this event and Senior Week (June 15-20) are coming soon!
**All students and family must remain in their vehicles during this entire event.**
- On Friday, June 19, 2020 the pre-recorded ceremony will be made available on the West Genesee Central School District website.
Distribution of Diplomas: Saturday, June 20, 2020 (rain date of Sunday, June 21, 2020)
- The distribution of diplomas will be recorded and combined with the pre-recorded ceremony for a complete graduation video AND live streamed.
- Students will arrive in alpha splits (see information below or click here for time slots). Each graduate will be allowed to arrive with TWO cars of immediate family members on June 20, 2020.
- Vehicles will move along the route (see map below or click here for map of route) and stop at the direction of a staff member at the beginning of the bus loop.
- Graduates will exit the vehicle, wearing their WG mask (handed out during Senior Week), and take their place on a painted marker on the sidewalk 6 ft apart to ensure social distancing. Administrators and Guidance Counselors, also wearing masks, will greet students and line them up.
- When we have confirmed that the family vehicle is positioned in front of the stage, students will process across the stage and receive their diploma from Superintendent Bills. A photographer will capture this moment; in addition, one parent may exit the vehicle to take a photo.
- Upon exiting the stage, students will have access to hand sanitizer and will stop to take another formal graduation photograph.
- Students will then sign the WG Senior pawprint and receive a flower. Each student will be provided their own pen for signing.
- Students will then rejoin their family in the vehicle and exit toward the front circle.
- There will be additional surprises along the way for families and members of the Class of 2020!
We are incredibly proud of our Class of 2020! During a difficult time, we have witnessed your resilience and strength. You have shown us that no matter the circumstances, Wildcats always find a way! Please save the date for a SPECIAL EVENT– a festive, informal gathering of the class on Friday, July 24 (with a rain date of Saturday, July 25), should health and safety guidelines permit. We look forward to honoring your achievements and celebrating with you!
David C. Bills, Superintendent of Schools
Wayne Ackles, Executive Principal
Tracy Klefbeck, Senior Principal
Rebecca DeCesare, Senior Class Advisor
|10:30-11:00||Buckman||Halko – Joyce|
|11:00-11:30||Buckman||Kelley – LaVancher, Lucyszyn|
|12:00-12:30||Secor||Lee – McIntyre|
|3:00||XXXXXXXXXXX||Senior Senate Officers|
If you have any trouble accessing the PDF documents on this page, please contact the Publications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 487-2179.