- Fifteen hours of job shadowing must be completed by Friday, January 15, 2021. If you need help setting this up, please see one of your business or technology teachers.
- Signed paperwork with hours, dates, and location of job shadowing must be turned in to Mrs. Swete (A240) by Tuesday, January 19, 2021. (Paperwork available on district web site under High School, Career and Technical Education, CTE Work-Based Experience Form)
- One-page double spaced reflection on what you observed during your work experience. Must be turned in to Mrs. Swete (A240) by Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
Submit by Monday, March 1, 2021, to Mrs. Swete (A240). Provide a 1” binder with your name clearly labelled on front cover. You must include the following documents:
- 2 samples of work from each class included in the CTE strand you pursued
- College acceptance letter
- Employability profile (will be submitted by your teachers at end of the school year)
- Precision certificate (after you have taken and passed the test)
- Career plans (typed up paragraph on what you are hoping to accomplish upon graduation – education and employment)
- Work experience paperwork
- Job reflection paper
Dividers should separate the work for each class. Please label the dividers with the class name that the work came from.
You may add to your binder after it is turned in, but it should have most of your work in it when submitted on March 1.
- Depending on your program, the written exams are recommended at different times and are normally given twice a year (January and June). Since we were unable to do testing in June of this year, we are planning to offer three opportunities for testing during the 2020-2021 school year. That way all students will be able to take the test in a timely manner and have sufficient opportunities. These tests are challenging and may require more than one try, please plan on taking it the first time it’s offered during the year in case you need an additional attempt.
- Engineering (CAD) – recommended to be taken after Mechanical CAD
- Business Administration – test should be taken during the junior year or at the latest during the senior year.
- Computer Technology (Computer Repair)recommended to be taken after Home & Small Business Networking and PC Hardware & Software.
Questions – email Mrs. Swete at email@example.com.