February 26, 2021
Dear Seniors, Parents, and Friends of the Class of 2021,
We promised frequent communication regarding our senior events, so we are happy to be able to provide you with some “Save the Date” information for your planning purposes. Please be aware that details of these events (including times and locations) will be sent at a later date once we have the county health and safety guidelines for graduation events.
**At this time, the Senior Ball is still scheduled for May 7 at the Downtown Marriott. However, we anticipate that capacity will be very limited and will not allow for us to safely gather as a full group, especially indoors. We will let you know by Friday, March 26, if we have to CANCEL the Senior Ball at the hotel, and it will be replaced with our “Senior Ball Under the Stars” as shown in the event schedule below.
In addition, we have received many questions regarding the funding of senior events. The Senior Class has an account that includes fundraised money from the class. This money will be used for all senior events and for senior scholarships. Under normal circumstances, the Senior Ball would, in part, be funded by ticket sales, but if we hold the Senior Ball on our school grounds, that eliminates the need for students to pay the same amount that they would normally pay if it were at the Marriott. Graduation is a completely different fund that is held by the district.
Finally, a couple of weeks ago, you received a request for donations from the PTSA. This letter goes out every year, even when not in a pandemic, to provide our seniors with gifts for the After Ball Party. This money will go toward those gifts again. The PTSA will be putting on a “Senior Celebration” this year in place of the After Ball party. They are also holding a Witty Wicks fundraiser to help with this event.
We will be in touch very soon with more information about celebrating our Class of 2021!
Mr. Wayne Ackles, Executive Principal
Mrs. Tracy Klefbeck, Senior Events Principal
Mrs. Becky DeCesare, Senior Class Advisor
Mrs. Kylee Jennings, Senior Class Co-Advisor
Important Senior Dates
*All senior events are subject to change in response to state and county health and safety guidelines
- Friday, May 7: Cap and Gown Day (Glazed and Confused Donuts & Cap/Gown Pick Up)
- Monday, May 24 & Tuesday, May 25: WGHS Honors and Awards Night (2 nights of alpha-split groups that will be determined depending on numbers)
- Friday, June 4 (Rain Date Saturday, June 5): Senior Ball Under the Stars (& Mock Crash)
- Thursday, June 10: Last Day of Classes for Seniors
- Friday, June 11: Senior Walk Day (Chalk the Walk, Senior Video, and Senior Walk Through at Elementary Schools)
- Friday, June 11 (Rain Date Saturday, June 12): Senior Celebration (replaces After Ball Party)
- Saturday, June 19 (Rain Date Sunday, June 20): Graduation