West Genesee Students Compete at State FBLA Competition
Five West Genesee High School students qualified and competed in the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) state competition held in Binghamton on April 10-12.
Here are the results:
- Noah Ackerman competed in Word Processing and Sports Management. He placed third in Sports Management.
- Krystian Lata competed in Business Communications and Website Design. He placed fifth in Website Design.
- Kyle Petersen competed in Job Interview and Political Science and Electronic Career Portfolio. He placed fifth in Political Science and Electronic Career Portfolio.
- Nicholas Mulderig competed in Advertising and Personal Finance
- Matthew Harris competed in Business Law and Accounting II
Their advisor, Amy DeJohn, shared that, “The West Genesee FBLA club is only in its second year at the high school, and this is the first time at State competition. Congratulations on a job well done!”
West Genesee Students Win at Regional FBLA Competition!
On February 8, the West Genesee High School Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) students participated in the regional competition at Bryant & Stratton College and brought home thirteen awards.
These students placed first in the following categories:
- Noah Ackerman (2): Word Processing and Sports Management;
- Jack Anderson (2): E-Business and Advertising;
- Krystian Lata (2): Graphic Design and Website Design; and
- Kyle Petersen (3): Job Interview, Publication Design, and Personal Finance.
These students placed second in the following categories:
- Matthew Harris (1): Business Law; and
- Michael Hebbard (1): Marketing.
These students place third in the following categories:
- Nicholas Mulderig (1): Advertising; and
- Griffin Zanoni (1): Business Calculations.