September 3, 2021
Dear WGMS Families,
We are almost there! I want to share important updates regarding arrival and dismissal as well as some upcoming events.
Morning Drop Off:
- We encourage families to use our district’s transportation. Busses will arrive in the front circle at approximately 8:30 a.m.-8:45 a.m.
- Early drop off is now 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in the front circle. Drop off will switch to the back of the building (entrance 6) while busses arrive and unload in the front circle. Cars should not enter the front circle at this time.
- Breakfast will be available if desired. Students will be released to their classes at 8:45 a.m.
- Look to Officer Skardinski and other monitors for directions.
- Late arrivals (after 8:50 a.m.) should drop off in the front of the building
- Bus Dismissal will be 3:20 p.m.-3:25 p.m.
- Families who selected “self-transportation” via the Transportation Survey have been mailed car tags. These should arrive tomorrow.
- If you were unable to respond to the survey, contact the Main Office at 315- 487-4615 to make arrangements to receive a tag.
- Please avoid arriving before 3:10 p.m. if you are self-transporting.
- Do not enter the bus loop as pick-up will be in the back of the building.
- Please pull forward looking for a sign to start the line. Stay to the right next to the building. As the line reaches the end of the building, we will form a second line.
- Students will be dismissed to cars starting at 3:26 p.m.
- Look for monitors who will be directing traffic flow.
Arrival and dismissal will be logistically challenging as we are loading and unloading two buildings simultaneously. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Peanut Free Classrooms:
ALL of our classrooms are peanut free. Please check the ingredients label on any snacks that will be consumed in a classroom. There are designated peanut free tables in the cafeteria during lunch and breakfast.
- Friday, September 10 – 5th Grade Dance/Open Gym 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Concessions (pizza, snacks, drinks) will be sold for $1 each. Pick up at the front circle on or before 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 15– PTA Meeting-5:00 p.m. WGMS Library Classroom
- Friday, September 17– 6th Grade Dance/Open Gym 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Concessions (pizza, snacks, drinks) will be sold for $1 each. Pick up at the front circle on or before 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 21– Picture Day
It’s a Great Day to be a Wildcat!
Follow us on Twitter @MJMcGrathjr