August 26, 2022
*Please note that a line has been removed under Student Schedules as there has been a change on day one. Students will report to their ELA teacher and not their homeroom. On day two, students will report to their homeroom which is their first period teacher.
August 22, 2022
Dear WGMS Families,
We are excited to welcome each and every one of you to the 2022-23 school year! The entire staff at WGMS are committed to creating a vibrant, meaningful and safe experience for all of our students. We look forward to meeting students and families at our WGMS Locker Night, and greeting our students on the first day of school!
Below are some details about the WGMS Locker Night:
- August 31, 2022 from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Families will enter through the main entrance (door #1) or the back entrance (door #6), and proceed to the gym where students will receive a printed copy of their schedule.
- Families can visit the PTA table to meet current PTA members as well as join the PTA. Membership is just $6.00.
- Families can also visit the Synergy (replaces Schooltool) table to get connected to Synergy via the ParentVue app.
- Students and families will have the opportunity to go to their lockers and find each of their classrooms to familiarize themselves with the building.
Please note the following important WGMS information:
School Hours – 7:45 a.m. – 2:18 p.m.
Student Morning Drop Off :
- We encourage families to use our district’s transportation. Buses will arrive in the front circle between approximately 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m.
- Car drop off will begin at 7:30 a.m. and take place at the end of the sidewalk between Stonehedge and WGMS. Cars should not enter the bus circle as buses will be arriving at this time.
- Look to staff for directions.
- If you have extenuating circumstances and need an earlier drop-off, please contact me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breakfast will be available for purchase if desired. Students will be released to their classes at 7:45a.m.
- Late arrivals (after 7:50 a.m.) should drop off in the front of the building and report to the health office.
Student Afternoon Dismissal:
- Bus dismissal will be 2:20 p.m. – 2:25 p.m.
- Car pick-up will be located at the back of the building near entrance 6, and cars should not enter the bus loop. Please avoid arriving before 2:10 p.m. Pull forward looking for a sign to start the line, and look for monitors for further directions regarding traffic flow. Stay to the right next to the building. As the line reaches the end of the building, we will form a second line. Students will be dismissed to cars starting at 2:18 p.m.
Transportation Information – Transportation route information will be available on Synergy via the
ParentVue app. If you have any questions about your route, please call the Transportation
Department directly at 315-487-4576. Please call transportation directly if you
plan to transport your child rather than using district transportation.
Chromebooks – Students will receive their chromebooks during the first week of school. They should
bring them to school each day. Please remember to charge the device every night.
Breakfast and Lunch – Both are available to all students, but will no longer be free. Breakfast will cost
$2.00 and lunch will cost $3.00. Families can qualify for free and reduced breakfast/lunch by completing the enclosed application or the online application on the West Genesee School District website.
Synergy – Synergy is West Genesee’s new student management system, replacing SchoolTool. All
families should have received an email with information about how to login to Synergy via the
parent app called ParentVue.
Student Schedules – These will be available for viewing in Synergy on August 31st at noon. *
Health Office – The number for the Health Office is 315-487-4626. Please use this number for anything
related to daily attendance.
Peanut Free Classrooms – ALL of our classrooms are peanut free. Please check the ingredients
label on any snacks that will be consumed in a classroom. There are designated peanut free tables in the cafeteria during lunch and breakfast.
Wednesday, September 7th – First day of school
Friday, September 16th – 5th Grade Dance/Open Gym 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Concessions (pizza, snacks, drinks) will be sold for $1 each. Pick up at the front circle on or before 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 14th – PTA Meeting – 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the WGMS Library
Wednesday, September 21st – Open House (in person) 6:00 p.m.
Friday, September 23rd – Picture Day
It’s a Great Day to be a Wildcat!
Follow us on Twitter @MJMcGrathjr